Updated 1 August, 2020
We very much appreciate how difficult the COVID-19 virus has made the planning and booking of a holiday. Therefore, to make the decision process easier we would like to provide you with our COVID-19 flexible booking reassurance.
Whilst the COVID-19 virus is active in Australia and there remains a requirement to follow COVID-19 virus related control measures we will:
- make a judgement as to whether a tour should be able to run 45 days prior to the commencement of the tour;
- ask you to make a single tour payment (minus your booking fee) 40 days prior to the tour’s commencement rather than our usual two progress payments (at 60 and 35 days). This means you will only be making a payment after we have decided the tour should be able to proceed.
- refund your $500 Booking Fee if we determine the tour cannot go ahead due to reasons connected with the COVID-19 pandemic;
If an event beyond our control requires us to cancel or postpone the tour within 45 days of the commencement of the tour, Clause 6.4 in our Multi Day Terms and Conditions will apply.
Additionally, if within 21 days of the tour departure date:
- you develop COVID-19 like symptoms (such as fever, chills, a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell or taste), or
- you have been contact traced requiring you to quarantine, or
- you test positive to COVID-19,
meaning you are not allowed to travel, we will either:
- credit 100% of the payments you have made to us for use on another Mulga tour to be taken within 24 months of the date you booked this tour** (if you wish you can transfer this credit to anyone you choose), or
- refund any payments you have made to us, minus the Booking Fee and any other costs reasonably incurred by us to secure any third-party services for the tour, including accommodation and third-party tours;
If you need to cancel your tour due to any of the above scenarios please telephone us and then send us an email formally notifying us of your circumstances along with your preferred credit option and a copy of a Doctor’s Certificate or a copy of the letter from health authorities informing you that you must quarantine or self-isolate.
For all other circumstances our Multi Day Terms and Conditions apply.
See what Mulga Bicycle Tours is doing to keep everyone COVIDSafe.
** For COVID-19 deferred bookings made before May 31, 2020, the date your tour was booked will be taken to be your booking date + 12 months.
* Our COVID-19 flexible booking reassurance does not apply to Private and Custom Tours where our Multi Day Terms and Conditions will apply.